NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robyn Kozierok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 10:04:15 -0500
>only eat so much of the stuff.  The following also contains some calcium,
>but I don't know exactly how much; almonds, sesame seeds (like Tahini, the
>spread made from sesame seeds), romaine lettuce, pinto beans, and salmon
>with bones in it.  If anyone knows of anymore good sources of calcium,
>please let me know too!

Other green veggies, such as collard greens, mustard greens, spinach,
kale, etc.... are good sources.  I read somewhere that collard greens
are the best because they don't contain oxalic acid to interfere with
absorption.

On the sesame seeds, I keep hearing that they are a source of calcium,
but all the sesame product labels I read list no calcium ;-(  Too bad,
I'd love an excuse to eat more halvah (a sesame seed based candy).