CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Andrew E. Stevenson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 1997 00:34:44 EST

We too have been assured by pediatricians that Amoxicillin is GF. Our current
pediatrician also says that she's given Ceclor to the celiac children in her
practice with no observable problems. Obviously we always need to double-check
with the pharmacist.

For GF acetaminophen, try Tylenol suppositories. Sounds gross, but we've
actually had a much easier time with both our 5-year-old and our 19-month-old
using these than with the liquid, which tastes awful, even though it has all
sorts of unnecessary ingredients to make it "palatable." Make sure you get the
children's strength! The wrong strength, whether in suppository or liquid form,
can destroy your child's liver.

I would also like to point out that there are many, many natural and home
remedies that often make other medicines unnecessary. Check the book section of
your local health food store--there are all sorts of simple options that can
help tremendously without the side effects that come along with conventional
medicines. I just read a book called Superimmunity for Kids, by Leo Galland, MD,
which has some excellent ideas.