Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 1997 08:14:02 -0500

A month ago I posted to the list about the use of "Digest a meal."  I'm sorry
to say that no one on the list knows anything more about the  "Infinity2"
product but there are folks out there who use digestive aids (but not as an
excuse to neglect the diet).

I did receive information about Papain (which has been discussed here before)
and its use with accidental ingestion of gluten.  People responding to the
post agreed the use of plant enzymes is an area in which there needs to be
more research.  Unfortunately there are no guarantees that damage to the
small intestine will not occur by using the enzymes (hence the need for more
research).

Generally, it would be great to have the "magic bullet" so we can eat wheat
again!

Mary Jo Metzler