From:
MARY C GUERRIERO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 10:03:24 EST

Our group --Tri-County Celiac Sprue Support Group- wrote this card a yr
ago, and it has been a lifesaver.  Just present it to your server, ask
them to take it to the kitchen, and see what they can make for you. Print
it out on a front, back piece of paper, cover it with clear contact  and
it will stay great..  Hope this helps so many of you that ask for
specific restaurants in areas.  With this, you can go anywhere and have a
great gf meal.  Mary in MI

I have Celiac Disease
I have severe reactions to foods which contain wheat, rye, barley, oats,
millet, buckwheat, and their derivatives.  These may be contained in:
   Tenderizers
   Marinades
   Additives
   Caramel color
   Dextrins
   Emulsifiers
   Extracts (grain alcohol)
   Flavorings (grain alcohol base)
   Hydrolyzed vegetable protein
   Malt
   Preservatives
   Modified food starch
   Vinegar (distilled in grain base)
   Soy sauce

We must also be concerned with food preparation.  If my food comes in
contact with offending grains, it is considered contaminated.
  **Food cooked in same fryer that is used for breaded foods
  **Meats cooked on same grill as buns or pancakes
  **If grill has been used for breaded foods, please use aluminum foil.

I want to thank you in advance for your cooperation with my dietary
needs.