Date:
Mon, 19 May 1997 23:03:18 -0400

Hi all- since I have gotten so many responses in the last few weeks and have
not had time to answer each letter personally, I thought I would make it
easier on myself and just post one reply to the list.

Many have asked about what items George is offering in his new mail order
venture and which ones I recommend.  As of now, he is keeping it limited to
his best selling items which include:  english muffin buns( I use these for
everyhting from grilled cheese, to hamburge buns at a bar-b-que, to tuna
melt, you name it- they are light and fluffy and when you toast them, they
are airy and crunchy.  His Pecan tarts are wonderful, especially topped off
with vanilla ice cream and his crumb cake is the perfect treat for breakfast
or snacktime.  I have heard that the response to his new mail order has been
tremendous and I am hopeful that the more he is in demand the more itmes we
will hope to find coming via UPS :)

Sorry for all of you who missed it, but he sponsored our Westchester
meeting's luncheon yesterday to a room packed full of eager celiacs.  A lunch
of lasagna, pasta primavera with onion flat bread and other delicious breads
were enough to bring a smile to all our faces.  For dessert, we got to
indulge in the most incredible coconut layer cake, chocolate mousse, cream
puffs, linzer tarts, custard tarts and more- Needless to say, I for one was
on my third helping before I had to finally say enough- but I tell you it was
like christmas time in May.

Hopefully it won't be long before some of these delights will be able to
arrive to your own front door.

As you all know, I have no invested interest in George, although I must admit
I'm a bit jealous of his fiance as she is in for a lifetime of gluten free
delights!

George can reached at 201-634-1455 or write to Foods by George, P.O. Box 236,
River Edge, NJ 07661
Off to the gym....Leslie-NYC