From:
"J. Rackley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 08:46:53 -0800

I still haven't started the gluten challenge.  It occurred to me that
another big reason to avoid wheat is that I am the sole nutritional
support of my daughter, age 6 months.  Children whose mothers
eat wheat while breastfeeding are more likely to have problems
with allergies later, as I understand it.

Does anyone have any professional or other recommendations on
whether to delay the gluten challenge until my daughter is eating
solid foods and not totally dependent on my milk?  Perhaps one can
take in gluten and still be wheat-free, and so satisfy the requirements
for the gluten challenge.

Thank you for your help.

Jenny