From:
Amy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 1997 21:47:25 +0000

Just wanted to share my hard-won info with anyone needing oral
antibiotic...
After trying very hard to get a pharmacist to see if they had the APhA
Manual that was mentioned several posts back as having lists of GF
medications, I finally had to give up (Gee, I've never heard of such a
thing, so it must not exist...).

But I still needed to know if I could take the cefzil (I have
tonsillitis on the little pinch of tonsil they left behind 26 yrs ago!).
So I called Poison Control, since Mead Johnson's customer service was
closed for the day. Les at TX Poison Control (1800Poison1) called
Bristol Myers Squibb, and spoke to Mr. Foust, who said they do not use
any gluten products to bind or produce Cefzil; he could not speak to the
cross-contamination issue. Les's (Poison COntrol) suggestion was to take
the first dose, and have someone close by to make sure I don't have an
anaphallactic (sp?) reaction.

So far I haven't had any new symptoms (still have the Boston MArket DH,
thanks for all the recommendations, listies, am trying the Benadryl gel
now), so it seems like maybe the Cefzil is safe.