Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 1996 00:10:07 -0400

>>Sharon Mannheimer, New York  (P.S.  Does anyone know when the next NYC
>>support group meets?)

Hi everyone. Figured I'd make a general post to answer Sharon's question and
also for anyone else who is interested.

The Greater New York Celiac Support Group will meet again on October 9th.
They will be holding a special meeting with the Metabolic Bone Disease
Program at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, NYC.  Elizabeth Shane, M.D.
who is an Endocrinologist, will be speaking about bone disease, especially as
it relates to Celiac Disease.  Meeting will take place at 6:30 pm on the 8th
floor of Presbyterian Hospital near the office of the Metabolic Bone Disease
Program.

Also, for anyone who is interested, the Westchester Celiac Support Group will
be meeting September 29th at Phelps Memorial hospital in North Tarrytown.
Peter Green, M.D. Gastroenterologist will be speaking about follow up care of
the newly diagnosed and long term Celiac. Dr. Green is Associate Professor of
Clinical Medicine, at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons,
and Past President of the New York Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. He
is also Director of the GI Endoscopy Unit at Columbia-Presbyterian Medical
Center.

For anyone who can attend, both of these meetings should be quite
informative.

If you need further info on either, feel free to send me a private e-mail at
[log in to unmask] and I will do my best to point you in the right direction.

:) Leslie-NYC