Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 28 Nov 1996 21:28:08 -0500
From:
Jim Barron <[log in to unmask]>

Maureen Marx wrote:

> A side thought: If children can react to gluten in breastmilk, what about
> the trace amounts of gluten that will be in cow or goat's milk?

Goat's are not usually fed any grains.   I checked with Meyenberg
recently and they assured me that their goats are never fed any grains.
Several other companies have told me the same thing in the past.
Gluten in goat's milk would probably not be a concern (unlike cow's
milk).   Maybe this is part of the reason that many report that their
children who cannot tolerate cow's milk have no problem with goat's
milk.