From:
John Cheshire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 1996 00:00:00 GMT

Hello

I am wondering whether anyone has tried baking with hemp flour. It is not
something that seems to be readily available, but there must be some
sources for it out there somewhere. I am wondering whether it would be a
useful addition to GF baking mixes that we already see a lot of.

I know that hemp seed is a good source of essential fatty acids. My
interest was hightened by finding the "Hemp 9Bar" which is hand-made in
Wales. I am assured by the bakers that the 9Bar is gluten free. They tell
me that they allow no chance for contamination form flour products and all
9Bars are baked on a sheet which is disposed of each time. I see no reason
not to believe this as far as the ingredients are concerned;

Sunflower Seed
Pumpkin Seed
Carob
Honey