Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 7 May 1997 20:11:25 +0000
From:
Jenny Cronin <[log in to unmask]>

Recently Fran wrote:

> My gastroenterologist said she likes to give her Celiac patients 1500 mg
> of calcium per day (3 X a day 500 mg each). I'm curious to know if
> other's are doing similar regimins & what form of calcium.
>
> Also, just found out I'm anemic- any brand name Iron that is easy on the
> tummy & GF.

I have a 4 year old daughter who was also found to be anemic.  I am
very strict with her GF diet, so I would like to think it isn't
because  of the CD. However, I am interested in knowing how many
people with CD are found to be anemic and does anyone know if this
is more common among Celiacs for some reason.

Our pediatrician has her on an iron with vitamin c supplement for a
month and will then retest. (By the way, she is not a picky eater.)
Thanks for any feedback.
Jenny Cronin
Shorewood,Il