Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 1996 18:43:23 EST
From:
Deanna M Polakowski <[log in to unmask]>

Question for all of you excellent gf bread makers.  Why does every recipe
for bread include sugar or honey?  When my gram was alive, she made
regular bread every week, and there was no sugar in it.  I am a diabetic,
CD and DH, so my menu is really limited.  I count carbs in order to have
a variety of choices.  Rice flour is higher in carbohydrates than wheat
flour, to add sugar to it really shoots it up.  Is the sweetner really
necessary?  Has anyone tried making the recipes without sugar?
Any help out there?
Deanna
Chicago, IL  USA
He never said it would be easy,  He only said it would be worth it