Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 1996 12:50:25 -0400
From:
"Sarah W. Stokes" <[log in to unmask]>

>I had a food allergy test yesterday morning, the kind where they stick you
>in the back with 20 or 30 plastic prongs dipped in various food items.  I
>had no skin reactions but a few hours later I had an internal reaction
>similar to my gluten ingestion reactions.  Unless my breakfast of Barbara's
>Corn Flakes and EdenBlend was tainted, I cannot imagine what else could
>have caused this.  Has anybody experienced this type of reaction from a
>food allergy test?

I had a full battery of allergy tests run last May (220 sticks!!), and none
of them came back positive, even the things I have traditionally had
allergic reactions to (like pollen, cats, gluten-containing grains).
However, they then decided to retest using the injection method ( a small
amount of the concentrated antigen injected below the surface of the skin)
with only a few of the antigens. When they injected the wheat antigen (and I
didn't know which one it was until later when they read me the results) I
have an almost immediate and severe reaction to it. I don't know if this
will help, but I guess it can't hurt. Good luck!

Sarah W. "Friday" Stokes (=
The College of William and Mary