From:
Margaret Pratt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 May 1997 10:05:19 -0700

I received the following message from my brother (who was diagnosed with
spastic colon several years ago), who went to a Dr. almost exclusively
to evaluate whether or not he has celiac disease. The following is a
portion of his report to me regarding that visit:

"...The doctor didn't feel that the antibody test was necessary, but
he is doing some blood tests to check my jejunal absorption.  I'm going
to give the diet a month and see what happens..."

I've only been researching celiac disease since January, and I'm
convinced I have it (GF diet has done wonders for me), however in my
research I've not heard using jejunal absorption to single out CD from
other conditions. Any comments?
--
Margaret Pratt           E-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Toxicology Program