From:
Linda Ritter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 1997 20:42:27 +0000

I have been trying to track down art supplies which would be safe for my
celiac daughter who is two and gets a lot of the supplies in her mouth.  A
couple books may be helpful to others
        Kid's Crazy Concoctions - 50 mysterious mixtures for art & craft fun
                by Hauser       Publisher  Williamson
        Edible Concoctions (Recommended but not available at my store)

Kid's crazy concoctions has recipes for paint (many types, several GF),
Paste   (cornstarch based and lick-it-later gelatin based), Dough (clay
materials) and papier mache ideas.

AVAILABLE PRODUCT INFORMATION
After speaking with a CRAYOLA representative, they sent Material safety data
information that shows the top five ingredients in a product (for some).
Then  poison control sent a list of active ingredients of some products, but
the list does not contain the inactive ingredients.  THEREFORE, I cannot
determine if any product is GF since I do not have complete list of ingredients.

Overall information:
    Starch or some form of starch is an ingredient in CRAYOLA finger paints
and            water colors - Starch source may vary - These products MAY
CONTAIN GLUTEN

    Other products which the GF status could not be determined - crayons,
Markers,        Washable paint, Powder paint, Chalk, colored pencils, silly
putty and others

    I have not had a problem with crayons, markers or chalk as I can
determine.

If you would like more information or information on products not listed
contact Linda at <[log in to unmask]>

Linda Ritter - St. Louis, MO