From:
Bruce Steeper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 18:14:11 -0800

Thanks to everyone on the list for there advice and encouragement.We both
found your email to be helpful.And you all had the perfect solution...the
blood test. I was diagnosed by biopsy before the blood test was being
done.I phoned our G.P. who knew absolutely nothing about such tests.Then
Bill E. sent me info on it which I printed up and took it into the Dr.
office.Does anyone know if there is a lab in Vancouver that does the
celiac panel..B.C.C.H. maybe.My son David is thrilled that a simple blood
test could be our answer.I also have a 38 year old brother who lives on
immodium!!He has refused to get biopsied but was also thrilled and
promises to see his Dr. re: the blood test.I quess if the tests come back
pos. then we still have the decision of biopsy or not.Anyway....thanks
again for your help to all those out there that took the time to respond.
     Dianne in BEAUTIFUL BRITISH COLUMBIA  :)      PS I will let you know
what the results are...Any more advice is always welcome..similar
histories....etc.