Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 20:23:29 -0500

 <<<<He listened to me and listened to me and
followed a VERY faint trail to the celiac disease.  The low B-12 was the
first actual break we had.>>>>

     This comment brings back a now haunting memory for me.  About five years
ago, when I was working in California, a female co-worker of mine was
diagnosed with "Irritable Bowel Syndrome."   As I recall, one of her symptons
was low B vitamins and other deficiencies.    She missed a lot of work.  When
she did make it to the office, she spent a lot of time in the restroom.  She
was teary eyed and exhausted.   They eventually removed part of her colon.  I
don't know what happened after that, as I changed jobs.

Jim