Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 1996 14:48:14 -0400
From:
charlie white <[log in to unmask]>

Hi all,

I would like to post this summary as my own personal experience in the
workplace.
Recently, I took a job with a health care agency.  They assigned this job to
me taking care of an 87 yr. old lady unable to do much for herself.
My duties were to sponge bath her everyday and do light housework.

She used Jean Nate powder and Shower to Shower powder everyday after her bath.
 For cleaning she used Lestoil and Lysol.

At first my skin began to bother me, itching and then I began to have
allergies, sneezing, itchy nose etc.  Also a burning feeling in my throat
and mild cramping in my lower stomach.  I didnt feel like eating and nothing
tasted good.  I think the worst part was the brain fuzziness, I simply could
not think straight.  I have only been on this job one week and two days, bu
the end of the week I was really only here, unable to function as usual.

I have gone into detail about this to help others see it is not in your
imagination.  It was quite a revelation to me, I never expected to have to
change my line of work because of celiac but as soon as I realized what was
making me sick I called my boss and quit.  I could never go back to feeling
the way I used to, there is no quality of life there.  My health is first
and foremost and it has to be this way.

Hope this might help others.

Janet in Maine