From:
Renice Wernette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 1997 16:57:02 -0600

Judy asked about Jello pudding. I can't answer, but I thought I'd share a
new recipe for a pudding that my lactose-intolerant, wheat-sensitive but
not yet CD-diagnosed daughter says has the same consistency. I haven't told
her what it's really made of, I just say "it's a Japanese recipe".

1 package of Kikkoman's firm silken tofu (I think this brand has less
      aftertaste)
4 tablespoons of water (I have also exchanged 2 Tbs. for coffee, yum)
1 teaspoon Xanthan gum
5-7 tablespoons (to taste) of Ghiradelli's sweetened cocoa powder

Blend water, gum, and tofu in food processor until smooth. Add cocoa. Stir
up with a spatula, and process on high for 2 minutes. Spoon into cups,
chill and serve (if you use ice water, you can skip the refrigerator). I
have also added 1 tablespoon of fructose, which my daughter (allergic to
cane sugar) likes even more.

Renice
Urbana/Champaign, Illinois