Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 1997 13:20:33 -0500

A friend of mine has a personal trainer who claims to have Celiac.  He is
taking a digestive aid made by "Infinity2" (I think it's a MLM thing) and he
claims that now he can eat wheat with no adverse reactions.  Product is
called Digest-a-Meal and contains plant enzymes to take the "burden off the
body's vital organs and immune system."  The literature states that the
enzymes help your body to completely break nutrients down to their simplest
form, guaranteeing that you get the most nutrition possible from the foods
you eat.  The ingredients are:  Amylase, Cellulase, Protease, Lactase,
Peptidase, Invertase, Lipase and Maltase.  It also has "chelated minerals":
Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc and Manganese.

This and other products the guy is taking (vitamins, fat-busters, etc) are
listed at website: http://206.31.251/walder/digest.html

Personally, I think it is foolish on his part (if he truly has CD, I'm not
sure of how he was diagnosed) to eat wheat because of the damage it can do.
 But maybe he's onto something.  My friend gave me all the liturature
(available at the website) but I'm not convinced.  Has anyone heard of this
product?  Tried it?  I would love to hear a medical professional's opinion on
this stuff.  Thanks in advance.

 Mary Jo Metzler