From:
"Paul L Groschen Jr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 1996 23:05:47 -0600

>Has anyone experienced insomnia related to CD? A search
>of the celiac data base 6 months ago showed up little
>on insomnia.

I have very similar problems with sleep, in fact my first Doctor visits were
for this very problem.  It took me about 1-1/2 years to figure out that my
sleep problems were caused by CD.

Depending on the amount and timing of ingestion of wheat products, my night
could go one of two ways: either I fall asleep okay but wake up about 2:00 am
and remain wake for about 2 hours or I can't fall asleep at all, go to the
bathroom frequently and feel very anxious. Those nights are miserable.

If I accidently had wheat for supper (I get headaches from gluten) I drink 1-2
cans of sugared pop, seems to speed up the absorption of it and helps me
sleep.

Paul
St.Paul, MN