Date:
Sat, 9 Nov 1996 11:35:54 -0500

<<
 I found that other substances give DH-like itching.  Some wines with
 excessive tannins drive me crazy for a day or so.

 Chuck

Hi Chuck and Everyone,

May I ask why wines with tannins bother you?  Tannins are NOT gluten, nor is
there anything in grapes (nor in the wine-making process itself) that would
contaminate it with gluten.

I have read messages from several "celiacs" who also have other problems
similar to this (as I do myself: fruits of any kind set me off...)

My question:  Is there possibly more going on here, in some cases, than a
simple Gluten intolerance?  If so, what is it?  IS it possible that
G-Intolerant people who have eating wheat for many years have so damaged
their guts that they have huge amounts of food allergies because of it?  If
so, is there any hope that they will ever be able to live a "normal" life
(that is, other than avioding gluten?)  If this is the problem, does the gut
ever heal??  How many years does it take.

(I've been GF for two years.... and I still have problems with certain  GF
foods..)

Any help would be appreciated!

Sincerely (as always)