From:
Maureen Marx <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 1996 19:37:53 -0700

Yesterday I bought some of Kinnikinnick's Gudrun #1 Crispy Rice and it is
exactly like Rice Krispies.  So now I can make the following recipe and
the cookies are great!

1 cup gluten free flour (I use Bette Haggman's mix)
3/4 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg ( or replacer)
1 and 1/3 cup unsweetened medium coconut
1 and 1/2 cup Gudrun's #1 Crispy Rice
1/2 tsp vanilla
water if needed

1) Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt - mix
well.
2) Cream margarine, sugars and egg and vanilla until fluffy.
3) Add flour mixture, then coconut and crispy rice cereal.
4) If mixture is too crumbly to roll into small balls add a tsp or two of
water.
5) Shape into small balls, place on ungreased cookie sheet, press to
flatten
6) Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.

Hope you enjoy as much as we do.

Maureen