From:
Lynda Swink <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 20:53:10 -0800

Hi Friends,
        I recently asked about GF enteric coated asperin, and the "celiac"
effects of Martinelli's Sparkling Cider.  I would like to say thanks to all
of you who responded!  At the moment the weather has dried, and warmed up
to 80+ degrees here in So. CA., so I guess I will not need the cure for the
time being. :-D

Here are the responses for enteric coated asperin:

********

********

********

>Norwich aspirin is gf, I called last spring.Distributed by Chattem, Inc.
>1-800-748-2429.  These are not enteric coated but they might make a brand.

NOTE:  I tried this number and got a recording that I needed a special
access code to get in and speak to anyone.  (!?!)
********

********

********

>I get a brand of enteric-coated aspirin from Kaiser-Permanente HMO pharmacy
>called Enterfilms Enteric Coated Aspirin Tablets for Arthritis.  It is
>manufactured by Time-Cap Labs, Inc., Farmingdale, NY 11735.  I called them
>and after checking with their consulting pharmacist they assured me it was
>gluten-free.

Here are responses to the Martinelli's question:

********

>I don't know *why* (with regards to the Martinelli Sparkling Cider) but I
>do know that you are not alone!  I am not sure if it is the carbonation
>(since I can't handle much in the way of fizzy drinks) or if it is
>because ciders are not filtered as much as apple juice.  I do know that I
>react to all apple cider (sparkling or otherwise).  Occasionally regular
>apple juice will do it to me but not often.  I eat 1/2 cup of applesauce
>almost daily (with beneficial results), so go figure!

NOTE:  I have given up most carbonated beverages for awhile now.  Recently
I drank a soda and noticed I was quite gassy after.  Perhaps it is the
carbonation after all?  Martinelli's is _extremely_ fizzy.

Thanks again everyone,
Lynda

\*/\*/\*/ Lynda \*/ [log in to unmask] \*/ So. Calif.\*/\*/ _@v