From:
Ron Cecchini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 1997 09:06:38 -0400

Laura Johnson-Kelly <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> AVOID IT!!!  Spelt contains gluten.  How they have the nerve to say
> this stuff is good for people who can't tolerate gluten beats me--

I meant to reply to this a while ago...

But I've been so beat up over things lately, that I've just been
focusing on my work and, well, "sticking my head in the sand"
regarding my dad.

First of all, wicked-mega-huge THANK YOU's to everyone who
responded to my first "MY DAD" post.  I got back to some of you
privately, but not everyone.  Those that I didn't, I will.  I really
do have questions...

And there's a "MY DAD II" post coming up.
Basically, (geez, here I go...  might as well change the Subject
line...) on my weekend visit home a few weekends ago I got in a huge
argument w/ my dad on, like, the first day and then didn't talk to him
for the rest of the weekend.

Basically, he started in on one of his delusional rants about my mother
and, though I tried to talk rationally, I ended up getting really upset.

I feel like I really blew it.
I'm so upset with myself.
All my plans to try to talk to him about things...*poof*
Gone, with one argument.
And I haven't called home since... (4 weeks ago)

I also found out that he hasn't been taking his medication (Zoloft)
again. He did this once before, but then went back on when the family
confronted him. We may have to do this again.

I would welcome any comments about how to handle a situation
like this, esp. if you've had to go through this yourself.

This begs the question: do Celiacs, who also contract some
of the mental disorders that can go along w/ it like schizophrenia,
not always get better (mentally) when going completely GF?

Oh... and getting back to the quote at the top, this very "ignorant"
woman (I'm biting my tongue) who owned the special food store (that
sold the GF products my mom bought) sold "Spelt" to my mom and dad for
3 years saying that it was gluten free  and that there was nothing to
worry about.

The ignorance is everywhere.

take care everyone
ron