Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 1997 14:01:09 -0400

Hi All--

Ron has mentioned the Gittleman book, "Your Body Knows Best," which must
cover blood type diets as well, but for all those who asked the book my
friend was talking about is "Eat Right for Your Type: 4 Blood Types, 4 Diets"
by Dr. Peter D'Adamo.  As I mentioned, I have not read it myself.  A friend
passed along the info knowing I'm on a GF diet.  Of course, probably half a
dozen of you have already logged in as being A's or B's and diagnosed
celiacs!  So much for that theory!!

I still think there may be some validity to the theory, given the current
interest in things like the Paleolithic diet, and other hi-protien, low-grain
diets.  Obviously some people do bettter on meats/veggies, and others feel
their health improves on high-grain vegetarian regimes.  As many of you are
aware, Elaine Gottschall promotes a diet free of ALL grains for inflammatory
bowel diseases, and there are many people who swear this diet has cured their
Crohns or ulcerative colitis. (I haven't been so lucky, alas... :-(.

Julie

Final tally -- Boston April Fool's Day Storm = 30 inches of snow...predicted
temperature Apr 3 -- 65 degrees!  That's New England!