Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 1996 11:50:56 -0700
From:
Linda Blanchard <[log in to unmask]>

I'm pulling numbers out of my overfilled memory but I seem to recall
the diagnostic rate for celiac disease in the U.S. is somewhere around
1:3000? and a recent random sample of blood from 2000 different persons
came up with a likely rate of 1:250 people in the U.S. having celiac
disease (most of them as yet undiagnosed).

Given that this "rare" disorder is not all that rare it seems extremely
reasonable to work toward better labeling, not just for ourselves but
for all those future newly diagnosed celiacs.

Please do send email to:

with your concerns.
--
Linda Blanchard