From:
Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 21:46:03 -0400

Hi Chris and All,
On Mon, 21 Oct 1996, Chris Dye wrote:

>         1 How can you do a strict double blind trial of a diet, especially
> in people who are psychotic?

They were conducted on locked wards. Control was quite meticulous.

>         2 Nowhere is the prevalence of schizophrenia almost non existent,
> in actual fact the prevalence is remakably similar across most cultures.
> Outcome is better in certain 3rd world countries such as  India

The regions he looked at were:
remote regions of Papua, New Guinea(1950-1967) and Malaita, Solomon
Islands(1980-1981) and on Yap, Micronesia (1947-48

I would welcome his further input on this topic, and I'm confident that
there are others on the list who would like to hear his assessment.

Best Wishes,
Ron Hoggan