Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 1997 18:04:01 -0500
From:

Hi All--

Regarding the blood type survey someone is doing...a friend was telling me
about the book out recently concerning Blood Type Diets.  The premise is that
a person's blood type is evolutionary evidence of their ancestry, and thus
reflects how their metabolism has evolved to handle food groups.  I haven't
read the book myself, but apparently it claims that Type O's are the "oldest"
genes, who evolved from the Hunter-Gatherer stock, and are best suited to eat
meats and veggies and fruits--and guess what--do not tolerate Wheat!!  While
Type A's are a newer line of genes, who evolved after mankind had become
agrarian, and these people are best suited to eat grains!  Interesting, eh??
 The small sample you have gathered thus far seems to bear this idea out.

I'm incidentally Type O, allergic to gluten, and have Crohn's disease, which
the author of the book claims is more prominent in type O's.  Don't have any
idea how good a weight-loss plan this book is, but it sounds interesting
anyway.

Julie
(Buried in 20 inches of snow in Boston on April Fool"s Day)