Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 1997 08:24:10 -0500

I'm writing in behalf of a celiac friend not on the "net". Here's her problem
She lives in NYC and is interested in acting and performing but seems to be
quite sensitive to all cosmetics. She has an odd reaction when ingesting
gluten where she develops an odd body odor that only she can detect This has
also presented itself when she uses facial moisturizers and lipsticks even
from those companies supposedly gf. She is quite frustrated and is concerned
that if she can't even use the so called "safe" products without reacting,
how will she ever be able to use the commercial items that most of the acting
society uses. If anyone has found them self to be one of those super
sensitive celiacs, yet has discovered a product they would feel comfortable
recommending, please send a PRIVATE e-mail to me at : [log in to unmask]
She is actually quite talented, and it would be a shame to avoid this career
path due to her celiac condition. Also, if anyone else gets this type of odor
reaction, she would be interested in hearing about it as it does not seem to
be a typical symptom or noted anywhere in her research readings.
Thanks in advance,
Leslie-NYC