From:
Lynda Swink <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Nov 1996 22:27:53 -0800

Hi All,
        I tried to make pie crust for an apple pie today with very
frustrating results!  However, this is the solution I finally came up with:

        Instead of trying to chill and then roll out the crust (as per
directions), I crumbled the mixture into the bottom of the plate, and then
pressed it with a very _sturdy_ flat bottomed tumbler (glass).  I then
rolled out the remaining dough onto a sheet of waxed paper.  I used a
decorative, oak leaf shaped, cookie cutter to cut the dough into several
pieces.  Next, I lifted the wax paper, dough and all, and put it onto a
cookie sheet in the freezer to chill for about 10 min.  Once chilled, I
peeled the "leaves" off of the waxed paper and placed them decoratively
onto the top of the pie, slightly overlapping the edges as I went around.
I then sprinkled lightly with sugar and baked.
        This made a very festive looking pie when done, and was far easier
than trying to place a solid crust onto the top of the pie!  Since the pie
had no side crust it was served like you would a cobbler by scooping out.
        There were no leftovers and I was the only celiac at this meal.
So, I guess it was a success.  ;)
        BTW, the flour mix I used is the "general purpose mix" from "Sylvan
Boarder Farm," and the directions for pie crust are in the bag.

I have no affiliation with this company.

Hope this makes someone's pie baking easier for Christmas!

\*/\*/\*/ Lynda \*/ [log in to unmask]  \*/ So. Calif.\*/\*/\*/  _@v