From:
Linda Blanchard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 1996 20:26:41 -0700

This cookie is a family favorite. When my dad baked cookies, it was
Snickerdoodles. And now it seems it's my husband's favorite! The chewy,
almost creamy insides show through lovely cracks in the cinnamon-sugar
coating.

1/4 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup Butter-flavored Crisco
2 eggs
1 Tablespoon orange juice
2 teaspoons cream of soda
1 teaspoon baking soda
4-1/4 cups Linda's bread mix

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Set aside.

In a sturdy mixer, combine 1-1/2 cups sugar, both shortenings. When well
mixed, add the eggs and mix, and then the orange juice. Sprinkle in the
cream of tartar and baking soda (breaking up lumps before it goes into
the mixing bowl). Next add bread mix, one cup at a time. (You can simply
use it all or monitor the amount you use; you're aiming for a fairly
stiff consistency; easy to handle but not dry and crumbly.)

Grease cookie sheets. Roll dough into 1-1/2" balls and then roll in
cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat thoroughly and evenly. Place about 2"
apart on cookie sheets. Bake about 12 minutes or until they have
flattened and cracked, but still look just a bit moist inside. Cool 5
minutes on the cookie sheets, then remove to cooling racks until they
reach room temperature.

   This recipe, like all my recipes, is copyright 1996-1997 by
   Linda Blanchard.  I grant anyone anywhere the right to distribute
   this recipe on a one-to-one basis, or in a not-for-profit
   newsletter.  Any other use without my consent is prohibited.

Linda Blanchard
http://www2.basinlink.com/us/mindpla/main.htm  <==celiacs and sf
Midland TX USA