Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 1996 19:32:32 CST
From:
Steve Veach <[log in to unmask]>

>Anyone have up-to-date info on general meds like Advil,
>Bayer Aspirin, Tylenol etc....judy in nyc with a headache

I have the same question, and so do several other people
I have contacted recently.  I know that the Celiac
Society of America used to have a list of over-the-counter
drugs (I was told) as well as "safe" junk food and candy.

Does anyone know if they still do or if there is a more
recent list?

I recently discovered that I am hyper sensitive to gluten
and have stopped taking ALL over the counter drugs and
ALL snacks.  I can't even take aspirin or Tylenol.

There is also some confusion, since Tylenol was listed
in a 1985 list I read as having tested positive for gluten,
yet the ingredients from the box I bought yesterday show
no offensive ingredients, or chemical additives that I
can recognize.

I am also about to go on a massive letter writing
campaign to manufacturers out of frustration.  Someone
must have done this before me.  Does anyone know if
we can do this type of thing in a more organized
manner?

It seems to me that one person writing compelling
letters to companies is one thing, but someone
officially representing thousands and thousands of
people is quite another.

Any ideas?