From:
B LYNN FACEY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 1996 13:46:36 -0400

Hi all,

Julie in Boston wrote to tell me that I should post my recipe
to the list.  She thought that I had made a mistake on the yeast.
She put in a package and hers turned out fine.  I really do only
use 1 tsp.  Here's the recipe for anyone who would like to try it
out.

Bread Receipe

2 cups GL mix
2tsp. xanthan gum
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk powder
1 tsp yeast

Mix well!!!

Combine:

3 eggs - room temperature!!!
1 cup water - luke warm - test on wrist (if too hot
                                it will kill the yeast.)
3 tbsp margarine melted
1/2 tsp vinegar

Mix well!

GL mix is made up of 2 cups rice flour, 2/3 cup potato starch,
1/3 cup of tapioca flour. (Bette Hagman's mix.)  I mix up a big
container of this and then take 2 cups of it for my bread,
actually, I use this for a lot of things - when an old receipe
calls for regular flour, I substitute this mix.

My machine calls for the wet ingredients first, followed by
the dry.  Just pour in the wet, dry on top, don't mix and
close the machine and start it.

I cook it on a 3:40 cycle where it rests for 30 - 40 minutes
before starting.  This gives the machine a chance to warm the
pan.  I cook it on light, also.  I usually check the machine
when it starts to stir it.  Sometimes, I have to open it and
help it stir, just at the beginning and very quickly so as
to not loose heat.

Hope this works.

Good luck,
Lynn:)
--
Lynn Facey
Grade 4 Teacher

"We must view young people not as bottles to be filled,
but as candles to be lit."   - Robert H. Schaffer

Note:  I'd like to thank all of the people that Michael asked to
write a letter to my class.  I think we sent everyone an individual
thank-you, but if we missed anyone - SORRY!  The children loved
getting so many letters from around the world.  Thanks also to Michael for
taking the time to help us.