Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 21:20:56 -0400

The Center for Science in the Public Interest, and its publication the
Nutrition Action Healthletter, which is over 25 years old (about) and has a
large circulation, has replied via e mail to me regarding  the  desire for
getting food labelling regulations improved with regard to gluten containing
ingredients. I am forwarding their reply to the list. They are in a position,
I believe, to really help in such an effort.  But they need to be  educated
and then persuaded to do so.   Please send your thoughts to them directly,
and perhaps copy me or the list? .  Amy Eliezer Syracuse NY
From:   [log in to unmask] (Nutrition Action Healthletter)

Thanks for your message.  We have never investigated gluten/wheat
intolerance in any detail.  I'd welcome messages regarding the
ingredients that give sensitive people the most trouble...and thoughts on
what you would do if you were in charge of food labeling.

mfj
On Fri, 23 Aug 1996