From:
john wynhausen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 1996 09:44:58 -0400

>My question is should I be happy with the status quo      (boring)
>gluten/lactose-free diet or should I go off the diet (for how long?),
>consult a gastroenterologist and get the biopsies done?
> thanks for        bearing      with me!
>
>Shashi Pathak

I edited your question to emphasized a few different words.... boring ....
and....  bearing....

The only options you are giving yourself .....  are both  ... rather dreary....
Who wants to have a tube rammed down their throat and a piece of their gut
removed....

It is certainly not a boring procedure in one sense anyway... but you will
have to bear with it.

I think you can look for and find many other options for yourself.
It sounds like the colonics were helpful.  I have many reservations with
dieticians and their advice. They are generally hard line establishment
people.  Why take lactaid without lactose in your diet?

I don't think biopsies are the answer. I think many people are sensitive to
gluten... that are not celiac.  I fit this description.  I choose mainly not
to eat it but I am not going to sweat it if it shows up in something.  I
will just pass more gas and share it with my fellow man.  Dairy is another
question with me.  I do have immunological effects from cow juice
products... I steer clear here.

Stay in touch,

John