From:
"Victor J. Samuel Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Nov 1996 23:49:30 -0600

A. Surra wrote "I joined our local group. however I still have not found
a knowledgeable M.D. or R.D. in our area."
        Doesn't your local support group have a medical advisor and
recommended dietician? I thought in order to start up a support group
(at least under the CSA guidelines) a medical advisor was necessary.
        Also- Scott Adams www page lists physicians recommended as
knowledgeable in celiac disease all over the US and world. You might
try that to see if there's one listed for your geographical area. BTW his
index lists lots of excellent info for celiacs!
        <http://www.hooked.net/~sadams/>  Good luck!     Lynn in Omaha