From:
Michael Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 1996 16:02:59 GMT

After receiving three messages on the subject of Sapporo Beer, I felt
that it is appropriate to make a post.

PLEASE do not reply to this message to the List.  Our host (St Johns) is
having hardware problems and our messages are being delayed.  They are
working on this problem and a system upgrade but nothing happens
overnight.

This statement is being distributed by Sapporo Breweries:

    "A representative from Sapporo Breweries, Ltd./Tokyo has advised
    that Sapporo beer does contain barley.  However, after the barley
    is boiled, the gluten is filtered out along with the barley skins.

    The representative assured me that although the barley itself does
    contain gluten, their brewing process effectively removes all the
    gluten from their beer."

This demonstrates how a little bit of knowledge can be turned around.
For anyone on the GF diet, this is an outright false statement.

The challenge is now to contact the company and convince someone in
management how their inaccurate statement may effect the health of
someone who does not have access to this List for background
information.

----
Michael Jones ([log in to unmask]) Orlando, FL USA