From:
"Laurie J. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 1996 23:32:11 -0400

>Here in Canada, I purchase "pure white vinegar". Is this the same as
>distilled vinegar that I hear so much about on the list????

We just returned from a visit with our son's dietican (on staff with our
pediatrican's office) .  She is very knowledgable in CD, food allergies
and food intolerance.  We asked about vinegar as a gf product.  The data
in the Canadian Celiac Association Guide  is that 'malt vinegar' is NOT
gf, but all other vinegars are considered to be a safe product.  Is this
true for celiacs that are more tolerant of traces of gluten?  Do some CD
sufferers react to vinegar?

Thanks for any info
Laurie Smith
Kelowna, BC, Canada