Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 1996 12:52:33 -0400

I tend to buy only vintage dated, estate bottled wine (mostly imported)
because that wine is being sold on its natural production qualities and the
"year of the grape".

I am a little concerned about domestic wines because of our regulatory
requirements called "Truth in Labeling".  If a wine label claims a certain
percentage of alcohol by volume and the natural wine production/fermentation
does not produce that level, then is there a possibility of enhancement,
possibly with a grain alcohol?  Wine making is an art and much is protected
by privileged information.

Joanne Hameister