Date:
Sun, 3 Nov 1996 02:40:01 -0500

Ellen,

I tend to agree with you, but I'l like to add something. We are presently
using chelation therapy on our 5 year old autistic child. We are not using
any "unnatural" products, but are using several nutrients together to allow
the cells to release these metals. Aloe Vera is a great tool, and is very
effective. Also EFA's, vitamins, enzymes and minerals. After 10 months
Justin's metals levels are decreasing without dropping too many of his
nutrient levels. We are most concerned with his calcium levels, which was low
to begin with, and has dropped even further. But I also take into
consideration that he has grown 4 inches in the past year, and his cavaties
have healed themselves. So possibly his calcium is being utilized as it is
given. Most doctors that use chelation therapy inform the patients of the
need to change the diet, as well as supplement the nutrients. It's vital to
recovery. My son has not been diagnosed as celiacs, but cannot handle gluten
or casein. All to date of the Autistic children I have worked with have heavy
metals, and they need to come out.

I would certainly recommend chelation therapy, but would also recommend it be
done naturally.
Vicki