Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 1996 22:35:51 -0700

Here is a thought for anyone looking for a soup starter to use instead
of packaged boullion cubes.  I make a dense vegetable stock, put it in
small 6 oz yogurt cups and freeze them.  This provides a convenient,
nutritious and yummy soup base.  Also, when I'm sick or having digestive
problems, I can just microwave a cup for a quick meal that's easy on my
stomach.

To make, just chop up a medley of vegetables (carrots, onions, cabbage,
and celery are a must) in a big pot and boil it until the vegetables are
completely sapped of flavor and nutrients.  Then strain the vegetables
out and continue to boil the stock to make it even denser.  Put it in
little tupperware type containers and freeze.

Maria