Sat, 29 Jun 1996 23:42:14 -0500

N>...My personal feeling is that we need to seek balance and reason
N>in our views, and that the approaches recommended by AMS and Jim
N>Barron will achieve little for celiac patients in the long run.

MR. Kasarda:
We are all entitled to our opinions. I have made no progress being
quiet. Has the FDA or the NHI done anything for Celiac/sprue? I see all
sorts of groups loudly protesting their treatment in the world of health
care.

Are Celiacs second class citizens that we are not to voice opposition
to apathy and neglect? What progress have the head-bowers made in the
last fifty years toward help in Celiac disease? I am quick to give
thanks to anyone who tries. Drs. Murray and Fasano are good examples of
professionals who are trying to get the word out. I appreciate their
efforts.

Please. I suffered too much before taking my care in hand to thank
anyone for holding down a job that does not benefit me. If someone or
something benefits you, praise it, by all means.I was raised by the
precept"if you can't say anything good.......". I think it was hogwash!
It would be nice if those who disagree with us were quiet. This is our
life-not a course in social graces. "Give to Caesar.etc". AMS