From:
Jane Conrad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 1996 11:54:01 AST

Hi friends and neighbours:

Well, I went for my second biopsy last week, and just received the
results.  After gluten free (almost) for 6 months, they tell me its
better but still not negative!  I'm the one that wrote about a month
ago, that I fell off the wagon and ate a Pizza Hut  6" pizza!  I can't
imagine it doing that much harm, but there must be something else
slipping through, they are going to make me an appt. with the
dietician again. However, the last time they gave me a list of
allowed and not allowed foods, and icing sugar was on the allowed
foods!!  Having done my own research when first diagnosed with this,
I knew that was a no-no, because it contains, wheat starch.  I did
eat a fair amount of chocolate before Easter, and some contained
chocolate liquor, but I had read somewhere that it was okay.  It's
going to be very difficult to trace what is getting through, because,
as I've mentioned before, I don't get sick from gluten ingestion.
Well, back to the drawing board!!!   I'm going to have to re-investigate
somethings, like my iron pills and folic acid vitamins, which say
they are gluten free.  Maybe I'll just live on potatoes and lettuce
from now on, this is to frustrating!!!    Have a good weekend
everyone.

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada