From:
Chris Aster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 1996 12:34:48 -0400

I would have to disagree with this advice.  With biopsy as an important part
of the diagnostic process,  it cannot be dismissed just because it is
uncomfortable or unpleasant.  For those who must deal with the real problem
of gluten intolerance,  a "partial" diet is not the answer.  My daughter
cannot "not sweat" a little bit of gluten in her diet, and neither can anyone
else with this diagnosis. It may be that some people are sensitive to gluten
and not actually have celiac disease, but for people with celiac disease,
going off the diet results in worse symptoms (over time) than gas and
bloating.