Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 1996 22:42:26 +1000
From:
Roy Hall <[log in to unmask]>

>My question to anyone who has DH, has this condition every turned into a
>bacterial infection that required hospitalization and antibiotics?
>
>Rosalie King, Cambridge, MA>

Yes Rosalie, I had a very unpleasant experience with my DH lesions turning
into septic sores (a bit like school sores) when I was on a summer camp
(after a long trip and sleeping in tents and showering infrequently). This
was in the days pre-diagnosis so at the time I always had DH lesions but
they got much worse for some reason on the camp and eventually became
infected. I spent a week in an infectious diseases hospital in Melbourne,
Australia and of course none of the doctors there ever discovered that DH
was the underlying cause. After antibiotic treatment the infection cleared
up, and with my DH lesions at a low eb, I was pronounced cured and sent on
my way!
Cheers
Roy
Roy A. Hall, PhD
Department of Microbiology, University of Queensland,
Brisbane, Queensland. 4072. Australia.
email: [log in to unmask]