Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 1996 10:28:08 -0400

Guinness is *definitely not* gluten free (more's the pity).
As for the whiskey, from my understanding of the distillation
process--described in detail to me by the knowledgeable Don Kasarda--it should
be O.K. Of course, when in doubt "leave it out!"

While I have the opportunity, I should appreciate assistance with an American
product that I recently found on the shelves of my local (Canadian)
supermarket, as there is no "800" number to call (they don't always work,
anyway).  The list of ingredients look O.K., but there is always the fear of
"hidden" gluten, so I thought I would ask around:

         "Healthy Choice" pasta sauce, distributed in Canada by Hunt-Wesson,
whom I did not call because they are simply the distributors.

Thank you
John Wiseman