Date:
Mon, 15 May 1995 19:06:38 -0400

Ted Hodge wrote,

<I also seem to be sensitive to citrus and MSG and have a family history of
<allergies.
<
<I've been wondering if anyone with DH has had similar experiences.

My husband and son have DH and my son, Matt, was diagnosed with eczema,
impetigo, and bug bites before a great dermatologist, Robert Griffith,
finally diagnosed his DH.  Matt has been relatively symptom free lately while
on a GF diet.  He does have lactose intolerance and citrus allergies (among
others).

Carl, my husband, still has outbreaks.  We can't figure out what's causing
them.  They seemed to get better when he stopped using Pert Plus shampoo, but
have come back a little.  They are always on his back around the shoulder
blades.

We are a highly allergic family.  Among our list of allergies are gluten, of
course, dairy prods., strawberries, peanuts, citrus, grapes, MSG, phosphates
in detergents, grass, pines, dogwoods, etc.

I would love to hear any ideas on what may be still causing Carl to break
out.  He tries to strictly adhere to the diet.

Denise in Tennessee