Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 1996 13:58:26 EDT
From:
Jim Lyles <[log in to unmask]>

1.  The Listowners are happy to announce that the CELIAC list now has
    1,300 subscribers from 27 countries.

2.  As we have previously reported, we have applied for USENET status so
    that subscribers will have the choice of reading CELIAC posts either
    as a newsgroup feed or in the current manner.  Unfortunately, we
    have not yet received confirmation of our acceptance as a newsgroup.
    We continue to pursue this avenue, and will report back when further
    news develops.

3.  In the past few weeks a number of subscribers have made excellent
    posts to the list which summarized the private replies they received
    to prior posts.  Thank you for sharing this information with all of
    us!

4.  Several listmembers have asked how to eliminate dual headers from
    the posts they receive from the list.  "Dual headers" are the three
    lines with subject and sender information that the Listserv adds to
    the body of each individual message.  If your mail program readily
    shows this information anyway, you can eliminate the duplicate
    information added by the Listserv; just send in the body of an
    email SET CELIAC SHORT to [log in to unmask]

5.  We have begun the process of revising our FAQ (frequently asked
    questions) file, with the assistance of several cherished
    volunteers.  As our work continues, we will post to the List any new
    items of interest.  If you are fluent in Spanish, French, German or
    Italian we would love to get your help in creating foreign lanugage
    versions of our FAQ.  Please let us know.

6.  The collection of quarterly postings from our respected experts has
    been renamed.  These files we previously called EXPERTyy.  The
    format now is EXPyy-q, where "yy" is the year and "q" is the
    quarter.  These files are now available:

       CELIAC   EXP94-4    Celiac experts postings in 1994,
       CELIAC   EXP95-1    Celiac experts postings in 1995, part 1
       CELIAC   EXP95-2    Celiac experts postings in 1995, part 2
       CELIAC   EXP95-3    Celiac experts postings in 1995, part 3
       CELIAC   EXP95-4    Celiac experts postings in 1995, part 4
       CELIAC   EXP96-1    Celiac experts postings in 1996, part 1
       CELIAC   EXPERTU    Updates to postings from the experts

    EXP95-4 and EXP96-1 are the recent additions and may be obtained by
    sending to the LISTSERV:

       GET CELIAC EXP95-4 CELIAC
       GET CELIAC EXP96-1 CELIAC

7.  The file containing Canadian telephone numbers for obtaining product
    information was recently changed to reflect a few additions.  It is
    available by submitting to the LISTSERV:

       GET CELIAC MFGCA CELIAC

8.  A note for EUDORA users:  When replying to a message for the entire
    List, please use the REPLY feature not the RESEND feature of EUDORA.
    Using RESEND creates two major problems:  1) There is no selective
    quoting of the previous message; everything from the old message
    appears to be part of your new message, and 2) For most mail
    programs receiving your note, the reply address will be the original
    sender, not your ID.

The CELIAC Listowners