Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 1996 00:30:04 -0400

 Hi, from Montreal!

<<<I tried the red star line in Canada and it won't work from my zone...
Right now I'm making my bread with yeast that might contain gluten...  Would
you be kind enough to ask Red Star if there is a way they can be reached
from Canada?  And we don't have a Macy's either!!!!>>>

Hi Kerwin and your fellow Canadians

I don't know which is worse, no access to Red Star Yeast Co. or no Macys!
Regarding your difficulty in reaching Red Star Yeast Co-I contacted the
1-800-4-CELIAC in your behalf and although they don't know why you cannot
reach that # from Canada- Glenna Vance recommended you try their main#
800-445-4746
where you can ask for a recipe booklet for your bread machine. Although they
do not carry their yeast products in Canada as of this time, you may want to
call Ms Roben's 1-800-891-0083 or 301-631-5954 where they sell GF yeast in
bulk containers for all of your baking needs. And as long as you will be
paying for delivery, try their chocolate cake, it's terrific!
As an end note, Red Star has come out with their own bread machine that is
supposed to do well with gluten free baking. I think it is priced around $99
and if you reach them, you may wish to inquire about this item. They are
quite helpful and I for one am grateful that they have made such a strong
effort to accomodate the celiac community. In fact, before we hung up, Glenna
gave me Toastmaster's# 800-947-3744 as they too have put together some gf
bread machine info.

Good Luck
Best Regards,
Leslie- NYC